Snow, glorious snowball snow! Packing into forts and snowballs and maple syrup taffy snow! Oh my, what awesome fun there is to be had! I am off to the store! To get a sled! Then to bootcamp hill… (pause for effect) THE FAR END! Dundundun… Boot camp hill is the perfect sledding hill for many reasons. First, even lose snow sticks to it like no tomorrow. Don’t know why, but it does. Second, it has areas for babies, beginners, advanced, and DAREDEVIL! The reason for this is simple. The hill starts as a little slope, for those who are first timers- on sleds, skis, snowboards or just afraid of the hight (or hike) of the bigger slope. Next, for beginners, or people who can handle themselves on a sled, but tend to wipe out on every bump,
DRAMA!!!! Wooh ho! I heart acting!!!! Dancing and singing! Being a part of something bigger than yourself and seeing the whole play come together. There’s nothing quite like it… I love the stage! A big shout out to fellow actors, the teacher that brought me to the stage (wink wink, Ms.O!) and to my friends made onstage. Thanks!
I boosted this from Mrs. Chili who boosted it from kwizgiver.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I kissed a boy. Enough said.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make resolutions. I just want to be true to myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? …no…
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year. ( Mrs. Chili’s answer)
5. What countries did you visit? USA. I want to leave the country eventually though.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked last year? More down time. ( Mrs.Chili’s answer)
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My first school dance, at the gym. Also the night and site of my first kiss.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My reading. At least 200 books. Just sayin.
9. What was your biggest failure? My math grade. (shudders)
10. What was the best thing you bought? Strangely enough, a gift. A dragonfly tile for my mom.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? My best friends’ and a certain YouTuber called jmathers, creator of our lord and master Foamy the sarcastic squirrel. He knows how things work better then most.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? The Republicans’, and some parents I heard of. People in general pissed me off last year.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011? Probably raise your glass, by a pop artist I can’t remember.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Slept. Enough said.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry, especially about things over which I have zero control. I also wish I’d paid less attention – and consequently, given less of my energy – to people who didn’t deserve it.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011? Umm. No and yes. I continued a relationship.
17. What was your favorite new TV program? I don’t really enjoy tv.
18. What was the best book you read? I read a bunch of good books this year. Don’t ask me to pick favorites. I can’t.
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? The ability to get sounder sleep, or being able to really appreciate what I have.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Comfortable, cozy and toned down.
21. What kept you sane? My friends, reading and writing.
22. Who did you miss? My nana, my cats that have moved on and Grandma Charlene, Mimi and Poppy- they are still with us, but I didn’t see them often enough.
23. Who was the best new person you met? Mrs. O. The BEST LA teacher.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011? You can’t fix stupid… (Mrs.Chili’s answer)
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “And all that’s left to write I love you more then light and dark or distant stars” from Here, by Vertical Horizon or “And though it seems grand we’re just one speck of sand, and back to the hourglass we’re going!”
Indigo Girls, man. It doesn’t get much better. From Deconstruction of love, but that’s not the point.
Updated to include new lyrics.
All right, get ready to take notes, Jerks of the World! You’re getting a lesson on the cycle of nice. Heck, everyone should take note of this!
My theory on the general attitude of the world is THE CYCLE OF NICE. This cycle is simple. If someone FEELS good, they DO good. Simple, right? So say, one person holds the door for the other. This other person then compliments someone else. That person then lets someone else go first, ect. That goes on until some jerk doesn’t spread the nice on. Usually, the jerk doesn’t take long to arrive. Sadly, the world is full of them. So, if you start a cycle of nice, spread it to multiple people. Take, for instance, my friend badger. She has a good idea of the cycle of nice. She tries to compliment one random stranger everyday. being nice feels nice! So it’s a win-win situation. Come on people! Let someone else get their coffee first, then leave a generous tip at the cashier! Spread good feelings! Chances are, that cashier will remember you for your kindness and do something nice for you! Can I be any clearer? Oh! I can!
One word: KARMA. That is pretty much the cycle of nice. Only slightly less explanatory. With the CON, it’s about a 25% chance of your kindness being returned in kind… by that person, at least. With karma, you’ll get it back. Just much later. So improve the emotion of your world! Activate a cycle of nice today!
I got on the computer to get some real writing out!
And you didn’t do this earlier because?
Because I was BUSY! Between the school play, Drama Club (yes they’re different things), homework, reading, SLEEPING and being all hormonally screwed up, I think I was plenty busy, thank you very much! MEH!
Ok then, Mrs. Busybutt!
TGIF and thank gramcrakers for holidays.
I am thankful for being able to blog.
I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family.
I am thankful for being able to live the life I have.
I am thankful for everything I have.
I am thankful for weekends.
I am thankful for the writers of the world.
I am thankful for being able to read.
Thank you all, for support.
I’m tired and lazy and overworked. Enough said. Period! This is IT! Grrrrr. WHY!!
I need some downtime. Badly. Ugh.